ROXIE, MS - During a short break in the severe winds and the pouring rain today, Roxie Volunteer Fire Department responded to another emergency at about 1:45 pm today. A neighbor reported a house on fire at its location on the north side of US Hwy 84 in Roxie. A house believed to be rented by Athea Johnson and her family of Roxie, was considered a major loss as Volunteer Fire Chief James McNutt and Volunteer Firefighter Gary Cameron brought the flames under control. Mr. Cameron is also the Franklin County District One Supervisor representing the local area. The owner is unknown at this time. It was also reported that no one was at home at the time of the fire.
More pictures and video of fire.
Severe wind toppled several large trees causing damage to several houses and taking down power lines and poles. See additional pictures and stories by click here ...
Source: FCNews Staff
Video by FCNews Staff