ROXIE,MS - The following message was posted on Facebook by Mr. Hollis McGehee. Our staff is passing it on to our readers. A very good cause requiring a lot of volunteers & helpers.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
NEED YOUR HELP
NOTICE OF FRANKLIN COUNTY
29TH ANNUAL COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS DINNER
Tomorrow, Friday, December 21, 2012
County Agent's Office in Meadville
Workers beginning at 7:00 a.m.
We hope to feed 1000 people tomorrow - December 21st
- We have 44 turkeys
- Today we are getting 15 hams
- I am picking up about 300 pounds of dressing today
- We have people preparing about 50 gallons of beans
- WE NEED YOUR HELP:
- Come help us pick 44 turkeys (they will be delivered Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. smoked but needing to be pulled apart)
- To slice and prepare to serve 15 hams
- To bring deserts individually wrapped: I need 1000 deserts (a slice of cake, a couple of cookies, etc) to put in each plate
I NEED SOMEONE / SEVERAL SOMEONES TO COME UP WITH AND PRINT 1000 SHEETS (MAYBE ABOUT 1/2 SHEET) BRIGHTLY COLORED PAPER THAT WISHES A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GIVES A POINTED, POWERFUL CHRISTMAS / GOSPEL BIBLICAL MESSAGE. (I WOULD ASK THAT YOU ALLOW ME TO LOOK OVER THE MESSAGE-BY SENDING ME A MESSAGE)
- Need people to deliver meals to various areas around Franklin County and into surrounding counties to anyone who would enjoy the meal; no age requirement, no economic measuring stick: WHOSOEVER WILL ! :-)
- Need people to help us put the plates together
- I would love to have someone to help us document this in photos to use to bless people with later in form of slideshow etc.
- TO COME AND PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT IS A GREAT JOY, ONE WE HAVE BEEN ENJOYING FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS
This event started in December, 1984 when I was talking to a local man I had known all my life at the post office in Meadville and I asked him what he was doing for Christmas. He told me he would be at home alone that day. That impacted me greatly for this man to be alone and I realized many would spend their day that way. We started the dinner to bring people together. That hasn't worked out like I thought but it has worked out the way God thought and so over those years it has grown each year. We missed one year due to my fault and failings. But anyway, this is a cool event and I hope you will participate. WE DON'T NEED ANY MONEY, we have received donations and all costs are covered but WE DO NEED YOU, YOUR PRAYERS, YOUR PRESENCE AND GOD'S LEADERSHIP AND HELP. AMEN.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, SEND ME A MESSAGE, Hollis McGehee
Source > Repost Facebook > https://www.facebook.com/jbonds1/posts/398739890205172